Computational focus of the lab
- Mathematical analysis of spectral imaging systems (e.g. imaging mass spectrometry, CODEX microscopy);
- Novel signal processing methods, machine learning approaches, and efficient algorithms to explore and analyze extremely large and high-dimensional imaging data; and
- Multi-modal integration and data-driven fusion between imaging technologies.
- Analytical chemistry – We explore new ways of acquiring, processing, and mining the massive (multi-terabyte) datasets that imaging mass spectrometry and other molecular imaging modalities deliver;
- Life Sciences – As member of the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s Human BioMolecular Atlas Program (HuBMAP) and associated member of the European Union’s Human Brain Project Flagship, our lab is helping to build 3-D molecular atlases of several human organs, and seeking to decipher the spatiotemporal cellular diversity in the human kidney, eye, pancreas, and brain;